Teaching Jobs in Damodar Valley Corporation
Damodar Valley Corporation
A Govt. of India Enterprise
DVC Towers V I P Road
Last date :17.11.2008
Damodar Valley Corporation invites applications for the following posts:
Post Graduate Teacher – 2008/21
UR-13, OBC-06, SC-03, ST-01, PH (VH/PB)-01 out of Total Vacancy - 23
English-02, Physics(Hindi)-02, Chemistry (Hindi)-02, Mathematics (Hindi)-03, Botany(Hindi)-01, Botany (Bengali)-01,Zoology (Hindi)-01, Zoology (Bengali)-01, Political Science (Hindi)-01, History(Hindi)-01, History(Bengali)-01, Geography (Hindi)-01, Geography(Bengali)-01, Economics (Hindi)-03, Economics (Bengali)-01, Bengali-01
2nd class Master’s degree of University with minimum of 45% marks in the respective subject with B.Ed from NCTE approved institute in respective medium. Preference will be given to those having teaching experience of 2 yrs in Higher Secondary/College class in respective medium.
Trained Graduate Teacher -2008/22
UR-11, OBC-05, SC-03, ST-01. PH (VH / PB)-01 out of Total Vacancy-20
Science (Hindi)-06, Science (Bengali)-04, Arts (Hindi)-06, Arts (Bengali)-04
Graduate with B.Ed from NCTE approved Institute in respective medium and subject with minimum 2yrs teaching experience.
Physical Instructor -2008/23
UR-01, OBC-01 Total Vacancy-02
Graduate with Bachelor degree of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) or its equivalent from recognised Institute or University.
Primary Teacher -2008/24
UR-32, OBC-17, SC-13, ST-03, PH-VH (PB) / OH (OL / BL / OA / MW)-02 out of Total Vacancy-65
Hindi Medium only
10+2 or Intermediate with Junior Basic Training / B.El.Ed / B.Ed from recognised or NCTE approved Institute and having 3 years teaching experience in respective medium.
1. The age limit of UR for all the posts as on 1.07.08 – 45 years. Age limit is relaxable by 3 yrs, 5 yrs & 10 yrs for the candidates belonging to OBC, SC/ST & PH respectively as per GOI Rules.
2. Pay Scale: Rs.5,800-180-10,480 (Sl.No.1), Rs.4,750-150-7,900 (Sl.No.2 & 3) & Rs.4,250-100-6,050 (Sl.No.4).
3. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION : 17.11.2008.
4. Necessary Educational Qualifications, Experience, Application Format and other
details are available in the DVC website : www.dvc.gov.in.
5. No application format will be issued by post. Application received after the closing date is not acceptable.
How to apply: Eligible and interested candidates can apply in the prescribed application format enclosing all necessary Marksheets/certificates/testimonials & application fee as mentioned in the General Guidelines, to the Jt.Director of Personnel(Recruitment), HRD Dept.(5th Floor), DVC, DVC Towers, VIP Road, Kolkata-700054 or the Resident Director, DVC, B.N.S. House, Main Road, Hinoo, Ranchi-834002 within 17.11.08 superscribing the Post & Post No. on the envelope. Applications should be sent either by ordinary post or may be dropped personally only, in the application box to be kept in the following offices on all working days (between 10 AM & 5 PM). Speed post/Courier/Registered AD will not be accepted.
a) Damodar Valley Corporation, DVC Towers(Ground Floor), VIP Road, Kolkata-700054
b) Resident Director, Damodar Valley Corporation, B.N.S. House, Main Road, Hinoo, Ranchi-834002.
A. Attested copies of the following documents are to be enclosed with the application failing which application is liable
to be rejected.
1. Secondary school certificate in support of verification of Date of birth.
2. Mark sheets of all examinations including those of Educational & Professional qualification, experience,.
3. Caste certificate in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority specified by GOI Rules/Orders
in respect of category of SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy layer)/PH.
4. NCTE approval of the College / Institute /School in respect of B.Ed / B.El.Ed / B.P.Ed.
5. DD / Pay order of required amount in respect of UR / OBC candidates.
B. Others Documents :
1. All the original documents of caste certificate, Mark sheets of Examinations, Educational and Professional
qualifications are to be produced at the time of interview for verification data.
2. If the candidate desires to be considered against a specific community as ticked by him on bio-data, subsequent
representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.
3. Applicant should apply for one post only as deemed fit even if he/she possesses requisite qualification,
experiences etc for more than one post.
4. In case aggregate marks are given in Grade point, candidates must calculate equivalent % marks with
documentary evidence from school / college / university to ascertain the % of marks.
5. Non-refundable Bank Draft/Pay Order of Rs.75/- (applicable for UR and OBC candidate) should be purchased after
the date of publication of this advertisement and drawn in favour of Chief Accounts Officer, DVC, payable at Kolkata. No application fee is required for SC/ST candidates on submission of attested copy of a latest Caste/Tribe Certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority specified by GOI Rules/Order.
6. Two(2) Passport size recent photographs duly attested of which one should be affixed on the application in
the space provided for and the other should be stapled with the application.
7. Submission of application after the closing date shall not be accepted. DVC shall not be responsible for any postal
delay / wrong delivery / loss of application in transit. No request will be entertained to accept application after the closing date.
8. Corporation reserves the right to cancel the advertisement, modify the educational qualifications, and experience
without assigning any reason, and any decision of the Corporation in respect of call letters for written test/interview is final & binding.
9. Applications which are not in the prescribed application format, without accompanied by two copies of
photographs and attested copies of all required certificates/testimonials/mark sheets, necessary certificate from the College/Institute/School in regard to the approval of the same by State or equ. Board / NCTE, educational & professional qualification, experience, date of birth, caste certificate i.e. for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) and declaration on bio-data and unsigned application etc. will be summarily rejected.
10. Candidates serving with Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Body should apply through proper channel duly certifying their service details by the present employer. In case of Advance Copy, the application super scribing on the top of application ‘Advance Copy’ must be accompanied with all attested copies of testimonials, two photographs & application fee (if required) should reach within the closing date and time specified.
11. Candidates will be required to produce “ No Objection Certificate” from the present employer at the time of interview positively failing which he/she is not allowed to appear in the interview.
12. No fare will be paid to candidates if called for written examination.
13. Application should be made on a good quality paper of sizes A4 sheet (11.69” x 8.27”) 80 GSM or better using one side only. Candidate must use exact format by using full scale downloaded copies of the application format from DVC website. Any deviation in application form as specified may lead to the rejection of application.
14. The candidates have to fill up application in his/her own handwriting.
15. If there is any change in address, the candidates should in his/her own interest arrange with the post office concerned for redirection of the communication from old to new address.
16. Selection will be made generally based on the written test followed by interview. Questions for written examination will be of multiple choice type with four alternatives on General Aptitude, Test of Reasoning, Elementary mathematics etc. If sufficient number of candidates are not available, only interview of eligible candidates will be conducted after short listing.
17. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
18. There is no age bar and application fee for departmental candidate
19. Departmental candidate should apply through proper channel in specified format
20. Check List :
A) Attested copies of following attached.
i) Secondary School Certificate for verification of date of birth. Yes / No
ii) SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy layer)/PH Certificate from competent authority Yes / No
iii) Degree/Provisional Degree in support of Edu. Qualification Yes / No
iv) Mark sheets for educational qualification Yes / No
v) Approval of college / Institute for B.Ed / B.El.Ed / B.P.Ed by NCTE Yes / No
vi) Experience Certificate. Yes / No
i. Bank Draft/Pay Order in favour of REQOfficer, YU
Bank for appropriate amount (where applicable)
ii. Name, DOB & Post No. at the back side of DD is written Yes /No
iii. Name of Post & Post No. applied for is written on the envelope YRs / No
iv. Pasted recent photograph duly attested Yes / No
v. Signed the DECLARATION Yes / No
vi. Whether applied through proper channel (applicable in case Yes / No
of employee of Govt./PSUs/Autonomous Body)
Find application form visit